Pages

Sunday 3 November 2013

Food highlights from my Euro trip, October 2013


My wife and I have just returned from my trip in Europe, so I am a bit tired at the moment. It really was a dream trip as I was taking in all the wonderful sights and, of course, eating amazing food. Over the next few weeks (or months depending on how long it takes), I will be covering some of the food highlights from my Euro trip. This trip really has opened my eyes as to how great food is in Europe and has left me wanting more, but unfortunately my hip pocket won’t allow it.
  
Anyway, I will have to relive my food memories, memories that I will have for the rest of my life, through my photos and in writing these posts. I hope you all enjoy my series of posts dedicated to my own ‘Good Food Month’, since I missed the one in Sydney this year. Starring in MAB’s ‘Good Food Month’ are meals at Michelin star restaurants, Parisian pastries, Italian gelato, coffee, pizza and much more. This page will be updated regularly as I put up new content, so stay tuned for more in the future.      

London
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal: 2-Michelin star restaurant in Mandarin Oriental hotel with a 3-course menu based on historical British dishes. Signature dishes such as Meat Fruit and Tipsy Cake will blow you away! 

The Ledbury: 2-Michelin star restaurant in Notting Hill with Australian chef, Brett Graham, at the helm. My meal here was one of my favourites during my trip to Europe. Brilliant tasting menu with many amazing dishes, including the signature course, flame grilled mackerel.

Paris
Cake Blitz in Paris: Follow my blitz through Paris to track down the best cakes and pastries in Paris, featuring Pierre Herme, Jacques Genin, Patisserie Ciel, Sadaharu Aoki and more.

L'Arpege: Parisian 3-Michelin star restaurant of one of the most influential chefs, Alain Passard. The vegetable-based menu is one of the best tasting menus that I have had anywhere in the world. The vegetables are sourced from Passard’s three biodynamic vegetable gardens. I never knew vegetables could taste so good!

Switzerland

Milan

Venice

Rome